Why didn't my alert start? Follow
These are several reasons an alert may not start immediately.
- The Device User already has an open alert through their Moxee Signal:
- A Device User cannot send a Check-in during any active alert.
- A Device User cannot start a new Yellow Alert while a Yellow Alert is active.
- A Device User cannot start either a new Yellow or Red Alert while a Red Alert is active.
- A Device User can start a new Red Alert while a Yellow Alert is active. This closes the Yellow Alert automatically.
- Your Moxee Signal is turned off:
- Press and hold the power button on the side until the Power LED turns solid red, wait for the Connection LED to turn solid green or blue, then retry sending the alert.
- If your Moxee Signal does not power on, recharge it.
- Your Moxee Signal can't reach the Moxee System:
- When your Moxee Signal is LTE-connected, a red Connection LED will indicate that your Moxee Signal is disconnected from the Moxee System.
- Your Moxee Signal may not be properly activated with your wireless carrier. Contact your carrier to confirm your Moxee Signal is activated on your carrier’s network with the correct rate plan.
- Your Moxee Signal may be in an area without compatible wireless coverage. Retry sending your alert after moving to another location, or contact your wireless carrier to confirm coverage areas.
- A solid blue Connection LED indicates your Moxee Signal is in Bluetooth® Mode and is using your smartphone's internet connection.
- Confirm your smartphone is able to connect to the internet by browsing the web, checking email, or similar tasks. If it can't do those things, try to connect your smartphone using WiFi or cellular data service.
- If your smartphone cannot connect to the internet, turn off Bluetooth on your phone or disconnect the Moxee Signal from your phone's Bluetooth settings and retry sending the alert after the solid green Connection LED shows your Moxee Signal is in Cellular Mode.